Maria Mooney

A lot of room fresheners can be toxic to your health. Feel easy to breathe with this non-toxic room freshener.

Wax melts are a popular way to add your favorite fragrance to a room. Unfortunately the other guys are selling products that use harmful ingredients starting with a base of either petroleum-based paraffin or genetically modified soy.

Then they add fragrances (which could mean a whole host of nasty ingredients) and dyes (again made from petrochemicals).
Melting these creates toxic air pollution in your home. And then you’re going to breath all of that in? Not a good choice.

Want something better? Here’s a fun and simply DIY that will let you have the best room freshening wax melts with no toxic ingredients.

Ingredients

  • ½ cup beeswax chips
  • 2 Tablespoons organic coconut oil
  • 20 drops of your favorite Bara blend
  • Supplies:
  • Double boiler
  • Spoon for stirring
  • Whisk

Instructions

  1. Using a double boiler place beeswax chips and coconut oil in the top of the double boiler
  2. Fill the bottom with water to the appropriate fill line
  3. Bring water to medium heat and stir regularly until all ingredients are melted
  4. Remove from heat and let cool 10 minutes
  5. Stir in Bara drops
  6. Whisk slightly
  7. Pour into silicon molds
  8. Let sit overnight to harden
  9. In the morning remove wax melts from the molds and store in an airtight container

To use simply place one mold into the bowl of your wax melt holder